ESIM only uses personal data pursuant and to the effects of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27th April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC), the Austrian Federal Act concerning the Protection of Personal Data, the Telecommunications Act 2003 and any other relevant legal provisions.
What is personal data?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. E.g. a name, date of birth, address, telephone number or e-mail address would be qualified as personal data.
Use of personal data
- In principle, the use of this website is possible without providing any personal data. However, ESIM will use certain data (e.g. IP-address) for performance measurement purposes of this website. Such data is particularly used for statistical purposes to regularly improve the proper operation of this website. The data is also used to help ensure the security of user’s interaction with this website, to adapt this website to user’s needs and tailoring ESIM’s services more closely to user’s requirements. Thereby ESIM cannot receive any information about the user’s identity.
- Personal data, such as names, addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers will only be processed by ESIM, if the user has voluntarily provided such data and consented to their use to receive certain services, which require that user input (e.g. newsletter subscription).
- Personal data are processed by ESIM only for the specific purpose for which the user has explicitly intended or agreed. Such personal data are only stored as long as this is necessary for the purpose for which data were collected by ESIM or in line with statutory requirements.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, users of the website have the following rights:
- The right to request information if personal data is being processed and to access this personal data.
- The right of rectification of inaccurate personal data and the right to erasure of personal data.
- The right to request the restriction of the processing of personal data.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data.
Please contact us for more details or in case of any questions.
Transmission of data
ESIM will not transmit user’s personal data to any third parties, except this is required for the users’ intended services and consented by users.
ESIM uses a variety of data security measures intended to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the user’s personal data.
Most browsers are configured in such a way that all cookies are accepted. However, users can also deactivate the saving of cookies or set their browser so that the user is notified before cookies are sent. The deactivation of cookies can have an influence on the use of the website.
Linz, October 2021